Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Day has not posted anything recently; in fact she is not in the country at the moment…wonder when she will be back…

The ever, most frequent asked question
Question: Is it possible to have a platonic friendship between a guy and a gal?

I have never ever paid much attention to that question, as since ages ago till now, I have no doubt that platonic friendship between different sexes exist…
Then you must be wondering as to why I suddenly prompt the question after all this while…hmm…in fact, to tell the truth, the story behind it is kind of amusing…well, depending on how you see it…



Here it goes…
It all started about 2 weeks ago, I was home and my landlady nicely started asking if I have boyfriends and stuff…and nagged me on getting one, yes, that’s the word …saying that its the appropriate time to do so… after I asked a totally unrelated and innocent question – where can I buy newspaper without taking my bike out.
Imagine all that just for 1 question…hmm…and to think that I’m not even a quarter of the century yet!

Anyway, I thought as long as I avoid my landlady, I would be safe…nevertheless, I was wrong. A week ago (meaning a few days after the initial nag), she knocked on my door, I was not in…so she proposed to my sister that she has this friend that she wanted to introduce to me…hmm…also suggested that I should join them if they are to go to Genting over the weekend…

Well as the week passed, no invitation to Genting, just as I thought the coast is clear, she strikes back. She approached me again yesterday…suggesting of dinner on the coming Saturday…I am thinking, choosing, deciding on the right words to reject her “good” offer. Not that it is all that bad…but her intention of getting me a bf…scares me.

Anyhow, I approached her and let her know that I’m reluctant to attend the dinner.

Landlady : Do you think that the world has lesser and lesser of the masculine gender?

I was a little taken aback by her question but…

Nite : I have a few good male friends…
Landlady : Oh, so you have boyfriends, ah…then I don’t have to worry that you can’t find a boyfriend
Nite : But they are just normal friends
Landlady : There is no such thing as plain, normal friends. That’s the initial stage – initially, friends; then
become girlfriends and boyfriends, later – more serious stage
Nite : Ahem…but some of my friends have girlfriends already, so we are just friends…
Landlady : Then your friends are no good… unfaithful…
Nite : Opps…

I dare not say anything anymore…apparently my landlady does not think that there is such thing in this world that called ‘PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP’
Sorry, guys, if I accidentally caused my landlady to think that you guys are a bad lot

So, conclusion: If you still ask me, is there such thing as plain, sincere, true platonic friendship in this weird, cold, grey world…
After all these, particularly the conversation with my landlady, I would still say, “Yes, I believe there is”…otherwise, where would I have all the amazing, great, normal – just male friends? :)

No comments:

 
Site Meter