Tuesday, January 17, 2006

2 MB

This is a love-hate story with my company's email address. One fine day...

Boss: Export these cases and email it to A in Singapore. Remember to zip it yah.

Nite: Ok ok

*Me finished exporting 4 cases each for 4 different topics - Diabetes, Respiratory Disorder, Renal Disorder, Thyroid Disorder. Zip all the cases and preparing to send out the email.*


1st attempt: Send out all 16 zip cases together
Immediately I received the email - "The email you've sent out has exceeded the quota limit and has been quarantined. Kindly inform blah blah (I dont remember) should you think it should be allowed."
Lesson #1: You dont email the blah blah person and it might take you whole day before it is resolved. Also it might have to go through all sorts of red tape that you might just forget it


2nd attempt: Send out 4 cases of Respiratory disorder which file size is smaller as lesser documents.
Received another email - "The email you've sent out has exceeded the quota of 2 MB limit and has been quarantined. Kindly inform blah blah (I dont remember) should you think it should be allowed."
Lesson #2: Ah.. so the max limit for external mail is 2 MB. Ok ok

*Fish out calculator and starts calculating the file size*

Colleague: What are you doing?

Nite: I'm counting the size of the file I'm going to send out. Apparently max size allowed is 2 MB

3rd attempt: Send out 3 cases of Respiratory disorder with total size of 1.98 MB.
Received yet another email - "The email you've sent out has exceeded the quota of 2 MB limit and has been quarantined. Kindly inform blah blah (I dont remember) should you think it should be allowed.

Nite: Eh.. they still block me!! It was less than 2 MB. Only 1.98 MB

Collegue: Maybe 1.98 MB is too near to 2 MB. They round up the thing.

Nite: -_-"

*Take calculator and count again*


4th attempt: Send out 2 cases of Respiratory disorder with total size of 1.68 MB.
No email received.

Nite: Oh..cool..finally can send already.
*Happily started counting the file size for the remaining cases and email out*

After half an hour, I received 3 emails on exceeding limit quota. What? I dont even remember which ones exceeded the limit and which ones really gone through. So.. I gave up, copied all the files back home and email through yahoo mail, attaching with the files, I had to apologize for flooding the person's email and telling her to disregard whatever that I've send.

No comments:

 
Site Meter