Tuesday, July 13, 2004

After holiday syndrome

The below poetry was written by a good friend of mine..
i think it is true to every bit.. and she has kindly given permission to publish this ;)


the holiday has come and go,
when the alarm rang my mind went "NO"
i dragged my weary body out into the cold,
and give a little shiver of the what the day behold......

the never-ending designs that yells for me,
and the pending emails of things yet to be,
of numerous datasheets yet to be read......
the week ahead is just one big dread........

as i brush my teeth and wash my face,
a little cold shower to rid the daze,
i realize what i am doing is really mad,
i need a rich guy really really bad.....

sipping coffee staring at the screen,
my mind is still sleeping in it's dream,
floating off to land far far away,
today is going to be one long day.......

fingers numb, work is slow,
nothing is progressing, yet to get the flow,
how i wish that happy times will never end,
but for now all i wish is for the week to end.

hei, the clock is showing eleven o'clock,
meaning twelve is just around the block,
Work, work, work, my brain has yet to register,
maybe lunch is just the answer....

the bell has rang, lunch is over,
back to work, body charge with power,
of nasi lemak and a cup of water,
should be enough to last me till dinner.

after holidays are not for me,
as staying awake is just not to be,
the white coffee came right on time,
just thick enough and the taste just fine,

but food and caffeine is not what i need,
to feed the soul to perform each deed,
cause my stubborn brain is just not listening,
to anything my "to-do-list" is telling.

work is still piling, meetings just keep coming,
emails i'm not answering, dead cats i'm not eating,
the boss is staring , my colleagues keep complaining,
my intelligence is waning, my attention is slipping.

this laziness i would soon have to pay,
by working harder and longer the following day,
but the actual fact is just too hard to swallow,
in self pity i'm soon going to wallow.

help! i am going to start screaming,
and all my hairs i will soon be tearing,
please make me come back and accept this reality,
that the holidays are gone , really and truly......

since all my feelings i have ranted and shouted,
and half the tuesday has already been wasted,
i should really be working, i guess it's time
that i say "happy working" and end this rhyme

No comments:

 
Site Meter