Monday, December 06, 2004

"Marketing" Experience :þ

I moved to a new place last month. Loosely said, it is somewhat near a wet market. 30 minutes walk (if not under the sun) towards it. Soemhow due to unknown reason, it seems a little further when walking back. Perhaps, heavier by a few kgs after breakfast. Anyway, had my first marketing experience in a wet market in KL after being here for more than 4 years.

All my previous marketing experience back in hometown was - fetching my mother to the market, bought myself a newspaper, confirmed with my mother where to meet her later and sat down by the roadside, reading the papers & wait for her! Either that, or sat down looking around trying to amuse myself. Once had the opportunity seeing a trader holding a frog by the leg, swinging & smashing it on the ground and literally peeled off the skin before selling it to a customer. Okie, shall spare you other more grotesque description.

Anyway, last sunday, went to the market with my mother, sister and a friend. We had our breakfast at the market. The below is the conversation between a little Indian boy, my friend & sis.

Indian boy: Looking at my friend. Aunty, nak minum apa?
Friend: Tak mau
Sis: Panggil dia aunty, dia tak mau minum

The little Indian boy then left. I went over to order a roti sardin, coincidentally, was ran by the indian boy's mother. When he came over to deliver the food, he ask again, to my friend.

Indian boy: Looking cheeckily. Aunty, nak makan tak?
Friend: tak mau

it was rather obvious that the little boy purposely called her aunty the second time ;þ


After breakfast, we followed my mother around while she demonstrated her housewife skills on marketing. At the meantime, i was busy walking like a robocop, as i was wearing this slippery slipper. Haha... Marketing continued with us three, trying to keep out of everybody's way while awaiting.

I guess marketing experience for me never change, let it be in my hometown or KL. My role was always, keeping out of the way & waiting for my mother. As for market visiting to other places like Korea & Cambodia, that is another story :D

2 comments:

Little P (oo) said...

u should try the market in australia
u can buy the whole farm home ah
they sell things by bulk and so cheap
the last time i go there i have to drive a van to get all the grocery in..........haha

nite said...

wow.. so nice..
but somehow when go travelling.. market place is THE place to go.. so many things to see :)

 
Site Meter