Sunday, May 30, 2004

First impression

First impression… what do you think? Well, I guess it is rather important. A friend told me, “Wear nicer when you go out. You never know who will see you.” Well, of course, I protest… if someone wants to know me just because I look good… perhaps not good, presentable… then I would think that the person is not really whom I want to know. Yet, I have to agree with what my friend said next. You know the person upfront, from appearance before knowing them personally, deep down. Well, I guess it’s true… so, that is where first impression comes :)

Another example, if you are to go to an interview, and if the interviewer likes you in the first place, well, I guess than you have won half of the battle? The other half, of course, lies at how you fare.

For me, once first impression is set, it is kind of hard to change. Unless of course, something happens that leave another good/bad impression. But the funny thing is usually impression changes from bad to good, instead of good to bad. Perhaps life is where you give benefit of the doubt :)

Well, recently something happened. Someone close to the heart was admitted to the hospital and I was told that an old friend of mine was seen in the hospital. Actually, I do know that this friend of mine is taking medicine in UM. It’s just me who lax and did not keep in touch. Another part that contributes to it was… I used to think that he is kind of eerie, unapproachable… ah… in other words, something is missing and we were never counted as really friends, let alone good friends.

Anyway, something got into my head and I sms-ed him. He was really nice, called me back and asked about this family member of mine who was admitted… telling me that he would pay a visit. I was thinking that was really sweet of him to do so… or probably since he already knew about it, he probably would visit out of courtesy.

However, the thing that really touched my heart and completely changed the initial impression set and stuck in my mind was… he went to visit every day after that. So, there you have it… don’t judge a book by it’s cover. :)
Maybe it’s fate, maybe that is how life wants it to be that I would only know him better after being acquaintance for so many years… but I guess things will never be too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FrenShip

It's funny sometimes, when you thought you that you had make up your mind and had done all the necessary things to ensure that you got what you want, then bamm... you are unsure whatever is that the the thing that you want. Perhaps, you just make up a reason, to leave what you are doing now. Probaly hating your life now, and
knows that time is right to move on.

It's scarry, to start a fresh or to leave the place that you are so accustom too.
To leave your comfort zone (even though, sometimes, it not that comfort). Saying goodbye is bittersweet.
Sweet in a sense that I am blessed to meet a handful of good 'person'. Person that tolerate my 'celupar mouth', person that tolerate my whinning and complaining. Bitter that the time shared are so brief, especially so during these ending time.

I suppose this is life. You and I move on. Friend come and go. No point blaming, who don't call who, who don't write to who, who don't sms who.... I always believe its not how long you know or how much time you spent with your friend that will gurantee you a forever friend token. It is the feeling, no, not a feeling, but a mixture of feeling that will bind friends together.

 
Site Meter