Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Interesting concept

It is funny how you will meet interesting people everyday in unexpected places.

Yesterday I met one on the LRT while on the way home. This old man who just came in at Masjid Jamek. So i got up and offer my seat to him. He was surprised and told me that I'm a good Malaysian and said that he will pass the offer. Anyhow, this comment captured another young man's attention and conversation strikes between the two of them. The old man speaks pretty good English and I thought that he is from outside Malaysia. But later found out that he is a Malaysian.

Anyway, what I found interesting is the concept that he has with the world. He was telling the young man, Ames, about this philosophy that he has. The old man's name is Jarius, or that's what I heard. So Jarius was commenting that simple courtesy was lost among the young generation nowadays. Then he further commented that war would not have happen if everyone sees everyone as Earthians not by their colour or creed. And that if we see us as brothers and sisters, as a family, there will not be war happening cause no one would want to kill his own brothers or sisters.

And he told us about something about some only see green and some see only red. Ames was nodding away while I was lost. :) only later I found that he too also don't understand what Jarius was telling.

Anyway, bless the two of them for understanding why the world is happening the way it is.

No comments:

 
Site Meter