Wednesday, May 19, 2004

The "Hunchback" of KL :)

I have this habit of shouldering my bag before putting on my jacket. Somehow I have this perception that if other people cannot see, yes, direct visual – see my bag… then the thought, “Hmm… I could very well steal/snatch this bag,” would not occur to them.

Well, you can say that I am paranoid, think too much or whatsoever but I have my share of snatched thief incident, though my experience was a rather peculiar one whereby the thief did not snatch my bag… instead, he went for my one and only aged old Forest jacket. (yes, its not even Nike). Though just to clarify further, I don’t have my bag with me at that time, funny it turned out that the thief would go ahead with my jacket.

Anyhow, back to the initial story… it had never ever crossed my mind on how I look with bag covered with jacket. And I never looked in the mirror when I did so, thus… I never care… until today… this morning…

As usual, I was shouldering my back and wore my jacket before entering the lift to get to work. There is this stranger inside the lift and she was staring at me for quite awhile. Well, I thought, perhaps, I’m new here, she just try to recognise some faces. But heck, I was wrong! Cos she then smiled at me and said, “I thought you are very hunchback”

…. Hahahaha… well, I admit I do slouch a little… er… ok, rather a lot, but guess I shall try to improve my posture now that a dear friend constantly watching behind my back, pressuring me to stand/walk properly. I know, I know, it is for my good anyway.

However, after the encounter with the lady in the lift, I was looking around at other motorcyclists and I noticed that actually, no other people who did what I do every morning and every evening – back and fro to work. Well, I guess I am the lone “hunchback” in KL, at least :)

No comments:

 
Site Meter