Thursday, November 04, 2004

Tactical Influencing to Win

Today is the 3rd time I attended training. To be exact, 2 and a half. The first one was terrible, horrible, boring, bad, sucks… whatever negative adjective you can think of will fits in perfectly. Even the name doesn’t sound nice – I’m a tree. Well, I don’t feel like I’m a tree after the session, I only felt that I want it to end immediately…haha…

The 2nd one, I actually kind of looking forward to the second one, however I only attended about 2 hours of it before I left due to unforeseen circumstances. Never mind about that. I can’t change that.

The 3rd one… today… my other 2 friends received the same puzzling email as I did. Out of nowhere, we got this mail telling us that we were nominated to attend this training, called Tactical Influencing to Win. What did we do? Or perhaps, what didn’t we do? We were too noisy? Too quiet? They ran out of people to nominate? They even scare that we don’t know how to confirm our attendance; they helped us to do it.

It was a little better than the tree thingy, but no better. We felt that we were being scapegoat. Or some unfit jigsaw puzzle. There is no way where we get to influence or persuade people, in fact, it was people who persuade us, to work after work, weekends, public holidays. Then why are they sending us? To let us know that there could be so many ways of generating influence? I seriously cannot see I’ll be using it in my daily life. I’m sorry that I was not enjoying it. Anyhow, I think I should try to give it justice… I’ll try to think of something nice about it…

1. There were 2 tea break, food is quite good
2. I get to see how my future working place is like
3. I don’t have to countersign for a day
4. err…I seriously run out of things to say…

So, that’s it, think I shall skip writing the other side of the coin. Not to influence people to not to go to training. ;)

1 comment:

Time said...

Hey at least you can start to use that skill to persuade management to not bully the rest of us! haha :p

 
Site Meter