Friday, June 04, 2004

Comes the Dawn

Comes the Dawn – first read it when my friend sent it to me. If I am not wrong, before that we were (a few of my friends and me) chatting via email on the other half in lives. I suppose that was it or else… the poem does not come in mind.
Anyhow, when I read it… somehow it gave me another feeling… like you would have to know that it is time… that you should learn to fend for yourself. I wonder…

Anyway, here it is… :)

Comes The Dawn
After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn’t mean security
And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child
And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting –
For someone to bring you flowers
And you learn that you really can endure…
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth
And you learn and learn
With every goodbye you learn.

~ Veronic Shoffstall


No comments:

 
Site Meter