Thursday, October 14, 2004

Trapped!!

I have this group of friends whereby we always mass-mailing to everybody and updates about life or discussed everything under the sun. Yesterday I received this email titled "Let’s talk about bad luck", my friend has a stretch of bad luck, and you know what? I’m having it too. Had been called by three different senior with higher authority yesterday and one practically freaked out, yes, which is the most exact word and shouted for me from across the room. Anyway, it is not important now; I can live with it, though I don’t deny I’m thrill over it.

Well, I suppose bad luck does not stop there. I was trapped inside a squarish, 6 panels, 6 ?pendarflour (how do you spell that?), 8 steps long, 5 steps wide, 11th floors buttons with a red colour life saver button and some scribbles on the wall. The number 5 was hanging there, stationary. Got it? If not, give you another tip – it has proven that I am not claustrophobia. Yeah, yeah, I was trap inside a lift.

To elaborate the scenario, I was being good, bringing the garbage down to throw. Thinking that it would be like probably 5 minutes thingy, I didn't even comb my already messy hair and went down. I was grateful that I got trapped after throwing the rubbish, otherwise I would have to stand foul smelling plastic bag the whole 35 minutes. Also I was privileged to be able to hog the lift all for myself. I was totally innocent, it was purely technical fault. I did not do anything illegal, was operating the lift correctly, not jumping up & down and I am very, very sure that I was not overloading it as it allows up to 1050 kg. I was only about 4+% of it.

The first few minutes, I tried to force open the door. Obviously, unsuccessful, followed by pressing the essential red color button till a good Samaritan knocked on the door, telling me to wait. The waiting period was spent walking around in squares, clockwise and anti-clockwise, whistling, pondering over my pathetic life (summary version, in flash)…

Then I heard a clang on the door, it was forced open and I was this lift technician, who then freed me. Outside, standing there waiting was a young security guard (the only security guard who smiles, I assume because he is young), the good Samaritan, and the owner of a convenient shop. Thanked them all, and the ironic thing is…I have to take the same lift again back to 9th floor where I stayed…

No comments:

 
Site Meter